[kdepim-users] Distribution Lists How do you get addresses into the damned things?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 27 21:13:17 GMT 2008

On Thursday 27 November 2008 20:31:59 John Wilson wrote:
> On November 27, 2008 12:03:07 pm Werner Joss wrote:
> > On Thursday 27 November 2008 00:25:16 John Wilson wrote:
> > > After all, where would I get the addresses from, right?
> > >
> > > Nope.
> > >
> > > I get the dialog box in distrolista.png.
> >
> > just begin to type a name from your addressbook here (will give you a
> > list to select from).
> > not too intuitive, though :)
> >
> > werner
>
> Not at all!
>
> Even a little down pointing arrow would have been a handy hint. ;-)
>
> I did find another way of doing it using the category bit for contacts
> which magically created a list!  One that is easily modified too, as the
> particular list I'm working with here will be from time to time.
>
> Nice *Nix touch of more than one way to accomplish something but for
> goodness sake please document it somewhere easily found!  LOL

Unfortunately there is a nasty bug in 1.10.3, and distribution lists do not
expand, so the messages get bounced.  I created a Tester list populated with
addresses to myself.  My server bounced it because all it saw in the To line
was 'Tester'.

I did file a bug report, but I can't give you the number because bugs.kde.org
is refusing to let me in tonight.

Anne