[kdepim-users] Distribution Lists How do you get addresses into the damned things?

John Wilson john_wilson at telus.net
Wed Nov 26 23:25:16 GMT 2008

OK,  so I can create a distribution list in Kontact 1.3 -KMail Component
1.10.1 and KAddressBook 4.1 but it comes up empty as in  attachment
distrolist.png which, for some reason completely covers the address list.

AKA the All Contacts distribution list.  AKA the source of my distribution
list.

Not to worry, I thought, I'll just create a new one by highlighting the
addresses I want in the list pretty much the way I always have.

No joy.  In mudville or anywhere else.

OK, next up is to add addresses to the list.  OK, I figure, let's try to edit
the darned thing and certainly there it will let me add existing addresses to
this specific list.

After all, where would I get the addresses from, right?

Nope.

I get the dialog box in distrolista.png.

What, I'm forced to ask, the hell is going on here?

How do I create a distribution list based on addresses I already have?

Thanks in advance folks!

ttfn

John

PS This better not be feature!   If so it belongs in KDE4.x horrors such as
Dolphin and Kickoff.