[kdepim-users] kmail dilemma

Mihai Donțu mihai.dontu at gmail.com
Wed May 14 21:36:54 BST 2008

Hi,

I have an interesting (for me) dilemma: I have converted some of my maildir
folders to mbox (because it took almost 30s to enter them, at times) and
noticed significant improvement (almost instant access to mails), but after I
restarted KMail, everything went back to working very slow.

Some folders have ~100000 mails and when I click them, the CPU barely jumps to
20-30% usage and after 20-30s, bam! the mails.

Did someone forget a sleep(1) somewhere in the code, or what? :)

Thanks,

--
Mihai Donțu