[kdepim-users] Scrambled text when replying to a mail with an attachment...

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed May 28 23:36:34 BST 2008

On Wednesday 28 May 2008, r bartlett wrote:
> Okay, Ingo, I have determined that for some reason when I send a
> regular email (without an attachment) it sends in iso-2022-jp
> charset, which is readable.  If I reply to an email which has an
> attachment, it goes out in utf-8, which appears as garbage at the
> other end.
>
> Can I force the encoding for this particular reply?  Currently my
> work around is to remember to reply only to emails without
> attachments.  But I forget half the time and have to resend the
> message.  If I could ensure that all my emails to this particular
> person go out as iso-2022-jp then I think the problem will be solved.

Disabling the option "Keep original charset when replying..." (in the
configuration dialog under Composer->Charset) and adding iso-2022-jp to
the list of charset (before utf-8) might help.

If this does not work then you have to change the encoding manually in
the composer window (via Options->Set Encoding).