[kdepim-users] dIMAP & kmail

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu May 15 17:58:59 BST 2008

On Thu May 15 2008, Bengt Gördén wrote:
> I remember when I connected to a courier-server at my former work. I always
> was at the "top of the tops" in the process listing.
>
> I still have the email account there so I did a tcpdump now and there were
> 3434 packets exchanged when I checked the mail. I have 20 folders to check.
> It's imaps so I can't really see what's going on there with tcpdump. But it
> is a lot of traffic without a single mail being transferred. It might be
> the nature of dIMAP I really don't now. Just my observation.

as a side note, I setup thunderbird, 2.0.0.14 on Debian, setup an IMAP
account, got email (  a S P A M  message of course!) and closed thunderbird.
I was watching my DSL router lights for activity, and it didn't seem to be
much, so Thunderbird may be my IMAP answer for now.. I still want to see
Akonadi:)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800