[kdepim-users] KMail and IMAP notifications

Anders Nilsson anders.nilsson at cs.lth.se
Thu May 15 13:26:44 BST 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008 14.06.16 Bengt Gördén wrote:

> > > I think what you are looking for is Cached IMAP or Disconnected IMAP.
> >
> > Yes, cached IMAP looks like what I need. So, uh, how do I enable it? :)
>
> Beware. I've (and Anne also I belive) have had really big problems with
> disconnected IMAP and kmail pulling email from a dovecot-server.

Any other problems than the multiple copies problem described in
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdepim-users&m=120093191313411&w=2
?

I'm running Kmail with disconnected IMAP against 2 dovecot and 1 uwimapd
servers, from at least three computers (work,home and laptop), since at least
4 years. The only one giving me problems is the f*cking uw-imap we have at
the department because it's dread slow synching mailboxes and complains about
file locking as soon as I have more than 1 client polling.

/Anders

--
Anders Nilsson, Ph.D. <anders.nilsson at cs.lth.se>
Dep. of Comp. Sci., Lund Institute of Technology