[kdepim-users] dIMAP & kmail

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu May 15 14:45:35 BST 2008

On Thu May 15 2008, Neal Becker wrote:
> > I have tried to setup a dIMAP account for my domain without success:
> > my domain host shuts down my access to the email server as soon as I
> > setup a dIMAP account, they say I am polling for email every few seconds
> > ( though I have it set to poll every 15 minutes).
> > I am running Debian & kmail 1.9.9.
> > any ideas what I am doing wrong? I set it up according to directions for
> > Thunderbird & gmail ( googledit).
> >  they asked that I try a different email program, but I really like to
> > use kmail.
>
> I have been running dimap+dovecot on fedora for a long time and with no
> problems.

my situation isn't the same. I don't run dovecot ( maybe I should?). I have my
domain hosted, and the hosting company says dIMAP is supported, but when I
try to setup a dIMAP account, they shut down all email access to my domain,
saying I poll too often. So they say to try a different client.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800