[kdepim-users] IMAP resources - can't set up

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:54:44 GMT 2008

I'm trying to follow the instructions in the kde document "Sharing data with
Kontact via IMAP".  Mail functions perfectly.  Now I want to add korganizer
and kabc.

There are some differences in my setup - I don't use dimap, just imap, and I
use dovecot, not cyrus.

I have added the resources as instructed, and folders have been created under
Local Folders > Inbox.  They appear to have the same menu options as mail
folders, but I assume that, since these are going to be hidden, that's not
important.  Right?

Under Calendar, I now see the new calendar resource listed - but it is empty.
Similarly, the server addressbook is listed - but it is empty.

The docs say to test with

ls -l /var/spool/cyrus/mail/g/user/groupware/

so I tried to find a similar location to list, but haven't located the newly
created directories.

locate Tasks
/Data3/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/imap/.1780909461.directory/.INBOX.directory/.Tasks.index.ids
/home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/imap/.1780909461.directory/.INBOX.directory/.Tasks.index.ids
/home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/.inbox.directory/.Tasks.index
/home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/.inbox.directory/.Tasks.index.ids
/home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/.inbox.directory/Tasks
/home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/.inbox.directory/Tasks/cur
/home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/.inbox.directory/Tasks/new
/home/anne/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/.inbox.directory/Tasks/tmp

I'm floundering.  Can someone please guide me?  Thanks

Anne