[kdepim-users] IMAP resources - can't set up

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Fri Mar 14 16:30:32 GMT 2008

On Friday 14 March 2008 08:54:44 Anne Wilson wrote:
> I'm trying to follow the instructions in the kde document "Sharing
> data with Kontact via IMAP".  Mail functions perfectly.  Now I want
> to add korganizer and kabc.
>
> There are some differences in my setup - I don't use dimap, just
> imap, and I use dovecot, not cyrus.

Do you know where your dovecot directories are?  You have to point the
KMail folders to them.  They'll probably be
in /var/mail/[username]/Maildir - mind you, my system is Debian, which
dares to be different.

Memory fails me at the moment, but when I set KMail up it seems to me
that it found the directories on its own.  I merely told it that i was
using imaps.

HTH

Cam

--