[kdepim-users] IMAP resources - can't set up

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Fri Mar 14 17:53:18 GMT 2008

On Friday 14 March 2008 10:20:50 Anne Wilson wrote:

> Hi, Cam.  Thanks for answering.
>
> On the server my mail is in ~/Maildir.  I have tried to set up access
> both on the same box and on another box.  I can't find where these
> new imap folders are intended to be serviced.  Also, I don't remember
> any possibility of pointing them anywhere.
>
> I'm away from the server just now, but can go back to it this evening
> if there are things to check.

I just went back and re-read your original email, and see that I'm
thinking about something different.  You say that KMail accesses
~/Maildir correctly, if I understand you aright. Now I'm not clear
about what you are trying to accomplish.  If you set up the same
directories/folders on Local Folders, there is nothing for them to
point to (unless you symlink them).

On my system dimap is a subdirectory in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail, and
it's empty; also present on mine is imap, and that's where all the
links are to Maildir.

As I said, I don't think I understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Cheers

Cam

--
Cam Ellison  Ph.D.  R.Psych. #01417