[kdepim-users] Kaddressbook

Roland Reuß Roland.Reuss at textkritik.de
Sun Mar 23 08:11:50 GMT 2008

Heidelberg, Sonntag, 23. März 2008, 09:01

Thanks for all the input.

Yes, spelling etc. is since long according to UTF-8, the locales are
set accordingly.

As I said: The problem is with *existing* data in the addressbook
(not with such I write new). It occurs only on IMAP transport
configuration. And I have ca. 4000 addresses in the ab, mainly
German (with umlauts and sharp s), I don't have the time to correct
all the missing characters manually. Remember: *All* special
characters are replaced by the same sequence of two dull
rectangles, so -> no search and replace.

As Ingo pointed out (and I wrote before), it is a known bug since
January. What I can’t understand is, that there is already a patch
(separate) and kaddressbook is behaving correctly in the versions
for KDE 4.0, but it seems to be unsolvable for 3.5.9 -- we had
about four or five updates since January, but nothing happens.

I wonder
-- could it be that the developers forgot this issue?
-- how could I draw their attention to the importance of
implementing the patch?

It seems to me, after all I read about it, that it could not be such
a complicated thing to make the addressbook work correctly.

Thanks again,
Roland

--
TOFU, oder: die Tücken der e-mail