[kdepim-users] Understanding recurring ToDo items

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:26:20 GMT 2008

On 20/03/2008, Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> wrote:
> This sounds as if you want filtering as in "Show me all ToDo items that
>  are due this week."

It's more like "don't show me items that are not yet do". Not
everything recurs weekly, rather some are monthly and others at
different intervals.

>  KOrganizer does support filters and it is even possible to hide inactive
>  ToDo items where "inactive" means the start date of the ToDo is in the
>  future. Unfortunately, only the due date of a recurring ToDo is changed
>  if one checks the item. The start date remains fixed and therefore
>  filtering out inactive ToDo items doesn't help.
>
>  Anyway, to me filtering seems to be the right solution for your problem.
>  Only the criterion appropriate for your use case does not yet exist.

Filtering would make the 'done' items invisible: not what I want but
it would be acceptable.

In my opinion, a recurring item is 'done' until the recursion period
resets. It then becomes undone. If I need to check my postal mail once
a week, then on Sunday I expect the "Check Post" item to be unchecked.
When I finally get around to it on Thursday and mark the item 'done' I
expect it to stay done. Until next Sunday.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.