[kdepim-users] Understanding recurring ToDo items

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 20:18:47 GMT 2008

On 19/03/2008, phep <phep-lists at teletopie.net> wrote:
> > does me absolutely no good. I cannot at a glance see which items I
>  > have finished and which I have not yet finished this week. I will file
>
> More precisely you can see what still have to be done (next recurrence)
>  but it is true that you're not shown what you're already done with, right ?

No. There are items that must be done weekly, items that must be done
monthly, daily, bi-weekly, etc. I need items that do _not_ need to be
done _not_ to be checked. Currently this is not possible.

>  > a RFE to have this rectified. Are there any use cases where the
>  > current behaviour is preferable?
>
> Yes, for those who don't mind with tasks done : with the current
>  behaviour they don't need to purge past events manually ;-) That's why I
>  would suggest that the behaviour you describe should be an (useful) option.

I do not see how my proposed behaviour conflicts with "don't need to
purge past events manually". If an item is non-recurring, then it's
behaviour would not be changed if my proposal is implemented.

I do agree that it should be optional, however, as there are no doubt
people who are used to the way KDE-PIM currently works.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.