[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Mar 23 17:05:29 GMT 2008

Am Sonntag, 23. März 2008 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Sunday 23 Mar 2008, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > > At the moment I would only be able to add the bit about getting
> > > sasl working with dovecot and postfix, in place of the cyrus
> > > instructions.
> >
> > I read it on the postfix list. But I an realy sure, that the imap
> > resources have nothing to do with sasl.
>
> Ah - I had been told that getting sasl working was essential.

If you use cyrus imap you need sasl. dovecot can use password file.
And postfix is a completely different thing.

Again to folders and cached imap: If you use cached and connected imap
side by side in one kmail session, you have to select the folders to
display with the local subscibe statement. The general subscribe
command is used for all accounts.

So enable all folders in the general subscribe dialog and only the one
you want for a specifiy account in the local subscribe dialog (at
least my experience).

> > Yes, I used my normal kmail username and password. And my normal
> > mail-address (alas I have a whole domain to chose mail addresses
> > from, set up with DNS, kerberos, postfix, ldap and all the stuff
> > you need for a real server).
>
> In my latest attempt, then, I used one of my addresses - the one I
> use for local delivery.

Should be ok.

> > > OK, thanks.  I'll have another go, based on what you've said.
> >
> > You are wellcome (as I learned from my daughters english lesson).
> >
> :-)  'Welcome' - with one 'l' :-)  I'm forgetting the little German
> : I knew -

Wosh, my daughter didn't see it. :-)

> it's some time since I visited.
>
> Anne