[kdepim-users] Understanding kmail imap resources

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Mar 24 11:47:38 GMT 2008

On Monday 24 March 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 24 March 2008 09:33, Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > >
> > > I guess I did.  I now have the correct folders under dimap.inbox,
> > > and they all have the correct icons and properties.  Sadly,
> > > fetching the mail updates the inbox but does not fetch the
> > > calendar nor the addressbook.
> > >
> > > Attached is the relevant part of mail.info.  0.40 is the dimap
> > > server, 0.70 is the client box.
> >
> > Are you shure the contact and calendar data are stored in the imap
> > server? Can you look into the dovecot server files or with a
> > different imap client?
>
> Thunderbird doesn't seem to have a dimap type, and that's the only
> other client I have installed at the moment.

Server-side there is no difference between IMAP and dIMAP. The
differences are only client-side in how KMail communicates with the
server. As such, using Thunderbird to check what data is stored on the
server is no problem. But you don't need Thunderbird for this. You can
simply use a normal IMAP account in KMail to check which folders and
what data exists on the IMAP server.