[kdepim-users] IMAP resources - can't set up

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 15 15:10:21 GMT 2008

On Friday 14 March 2008 22:44, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 14 March 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I'm trying to follow the instructions in the kde document "Sharing
> > data with Kontact via IMAP".  Mail functions perfectly.  Now I want
> > to add korganizer and kabc.
> >
> > There are some differences in my setup - I don't use dimap, just
> > imap, and I use dovecot, not cyrus.
>
> That's the problem. It does _only_ work with dIMAP. In the past it did
> work to a certain extent over online IMAP, but there were so many
> problems (which are impossible to fix due to the nature of online IMAP)
> that it was disabled again.

<sigh>  I must be missing something.  I'm trying to get this working on the
server box first, for simplicity.  I have created a user 'groupware' and
given it a password, with a home directory in /usr/share/ (maybe that's
wrong?).  I have created a kmail user 'groupware' and supplied its password.
I now have an account called 'borg2 dimap', with sub-folders for Calendar,
Contacts, Notes, Tasks and Journal, but no Inbox or any other mail folders.
Is this correct?  If I enable timed checking I see

The connection to the server borg2 DIMAP was unexpectedly closed or timed out.
It will be re-established automatically if possible.

What have I missed?

Anne