[kdepim-users] Learn as Spam

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 18 12:50:15 BST 2008

On Wednesday 18 June 2008 12:20:38 Roman Odaisky wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> How do I create a button for learning messages as spam?
>
> I have an IMAP folder from which fetchmail downloads messages and feeds
> them to SpamAssassin. So, I create a filter, unset “Apply this filter to
> incoming messages”, and add two actions, “Copy to folder: learn-spam”,
> “Move to folder: Trash”. That doesn’t work: the message remains in its
> original folder. If I add two Copy rules, they both work fine, but
> obviously that does not delete the junk message.
>
> So, how do I create a filter that copies a message to a certain folder and
> then deletes it (but with possibility of undeleting)?

I'm not sure if I understand you, but if you are filtering through
spamassassin at server level you need to move to the appropriate folder at
server level.  For instance, on mine, fetchmail delivers to procmail, which
passes messages through bogofilter, moving spam to its folder (I still like
to do a quick scan of subjects before discarding) and unsures to training
folders.  Then the rest of the folder filtering happens.  All this at server
level, before dovecot serves it up to my preferred reader - kmail.

HTH

Anne