[kdepim-users] Dialling from Kaddressbook

Robert Smits bob at rsmits.ca
Mon Jun 30 01:04:34 BST 2008

On June 29, 2008 09:27:44 am Robin Atwood wrote:
> On Sunday 29 Jun 2008, Stan Goodman wrote:
> > At 17:41:46 on Sunday Sunday 29 June 2008, Robin Atwood <robin at binro.org>
> >
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Many moons ago I wrote an application called Kall, which you can find
> > > at http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Kall?content=14447. It still
> > > works with KDE 3.5.9 because I just used it to call the bank!
> >
> > Since it seems to be the only such purpose-designed program on the
> > planet, one would think that the openSuSE crew would think to make it
> > available as an RPM, but no. Or that KDE would mention it in the
> > Kaddressbook "documentation"  =;-)8.  The mind boggles.
>
> To be frank, I don't think there is a lot of demand for dialling from
> desk-phones anymore, everyone uses their mobile!

I think this is a cultural preference that varies from place to place quite a
bit. I didn't know this program existed, and I'll find LOTS of use for it
here in Western Canada. Here, mobiles are for cars and when you're out of the
office, by and large.

If you get it working, Stan, please let the rest of us know how easy/hard it
was to get working....

Bob.

bob at rsmits.ca