[kdepim-users] mbox folder is an maildir folder

Michael Bushveld at gmx.de
Sun Jun 15 16:39:54 BST 2008

Hello thanks

for the answer - I guess I have found the reason for the "issue" though
no real solution.

> > I like to export some mails to an other account and though that the
> > easiest way would be to create an mbox folder, move the relevant
> > mails to this and user the mbox file to import it on the other
> > account.

> I don't understand. What does ls -sl show after you have copied/moved
> a message to the mboxtest folder?
I created a folder as mbox format and then subfolders since I like to
move a complete "subtree" to an other account.

All is fine as long as I copie mails to the toplevel mbox folder. When I
do a cat on the mbox file I see the mails.

But when I copie the files to mbox subfolders I get a size of zero for
the file though it is copied and visible in KMail. a cat on the
toplevel named mbox file results in "empty" file.

> > I am using Kmail 1.9.9 KDE 3.5.9  -

Best regards,
Michael