[kdepim-users] Kontact: Filtering to-dos in Summary / To-do view

phep phep-lists at teletopie.net
Wed Jul 9 11:17:01 BST 2008

homoludens wrote:
> (1) What is the sorting algorithm for tasks in the
> summary view? What fields are considered, and in what
> order?

I'm not sure about what you call "summary view" since I work with a
localized versions but I think you mean the view indicating "what's
next" that can be displayed with the red "!" icon in korganizer (I don't
use kontact per se besides).

I experimentally discovered ;-) that it displayed all of the items of
the "highest priority" available in your list + all of the items that
are due in the selected time span. That means that if you don't have any
"priority 1" items, the view will display all of the "priority 2" items
+ all of the items due for today (or week or whatever the selected time
span).

> (2) Is there ANY way to filter tasks in the summar
> view, especially based on priority and/or category
> (apart from the 'Show today's to-dos only' field,
> which I don't find that useful)?
> Perhaps there is a plugin to achieve this, or a hack,
> or something?

Filters work for the view too.

> (3) A similar question for the to-do list in the to-do
> view and in the calendar view: Any way to filter for
> priorities? (The view filters are actually pretty good
> and I can live with them, but if there were a way to
> filter out certain priorities too, I'd be thrilled!)

Apart sorting by priority and filtering .... :-/

HTH

phep