[kdepim-users] Including files without word-wrap

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Jul 11 21:17:46 BST 2008

On Wednesday 09 July 2008, Paul Millar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to include a text file within the email body (i.e.,
> in-line) without having the contents subject to word-wrap?

No, that's currently not possible.

> I'd like to compose an email and include the output of diff in-line
> for people to review.  This patch must not be word-wrapped
> (obviously), but I'd still like to be able to write a preamble
> introducing the patch and have kmail do the line-breaks for me.

Occasionally, I'm having the same problem.

> As a work-around, I can emulate this by typing the preamble and
> manually enforce the line-breaks with hard line-breaks (i.e., press
> Enter at the end of each line), then switch off word-wrap, then use
> Insert File to get the patch, but it's a bit annoying.

I'm using basically the same workaround except that I copy&paste the
diff. If I would already have the diff in a file I would simply attach
this file as phep already suggested. But I guess you have reasons for
not doing so.