[kdepim-users] Kmail stops delivering mail after a period of time

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Fri Jan 25 22:34:15 GMT 2008

On Friday 25 January 2008, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> I've had linux boxes running for many months at a time,  usually only
> interrupted by either me running into power problems or me doing some
> sort of hardware change or upgrade.  Yet this doesn't seem to be too
> feasible for KDE and the mix of applications I'm running here. Do the
> developers/testers not leave their machines on?

I shutdown my machine each evening to save money (energy is not cheap),
my sleep (I sleep in the same room as my computer), and the
environment.

Unnecessarily keeping a machine (computer, TV, etc.) running or in
stand-by just to save you the couple of minutes you'd have to wait for
the machine to boot is a disservice to your children and your
children's children.