[kdepim-users] annoying wallet -> problem solved , thanx guys :)

slawko.skrzynka at poczta.fm slawko.skrzynka at poczta.fm
Tue Feb 19 19:24:55 GMT 2008

I have disabled wallet within KDE Control Center as you suggested.
There was additional authorization from mail server necessary, and the password was saved in KMail config file.
It is a bit sad that it was impossible to reconfigure the wallet, because I think that it's concept to store passwords in encrypted area is a good idea. As this case shows wallet probably needs some improvement  on automatic usage by some applications. On my PC I found that wallet was configured in a way, that it permanently enabled Konqueror. I thought it should be possible to grant such privileges to KMail also, but there was no visible option to add another application to the list of preferred users in Wallet.