[kdepim-users] annoying wallet -> problem solved , thanx guys :)

Pastor JW jolson at gohighspeed.com
Tue Feb 19 19:55:24 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008 11:24, slawko.skrzynka at poczta.fm wrote:
> I have disabled wallet within KDE Control Center as you suggested.
> There was additional authorization from mail server necessary, and the
> password was saved in KMail config file. It is a bit sad that it was
> impossible to reconfigure the wallet, because I think that it's concept to
> store passwords in encrypted area is a good idea. As this case shows wallet
> probably needs some improvement  on automatic usage by some applications.
> On my PC I found that wallet was configured in a way, that it permanently
> enabled Konqueror. I thought it should be possible to grant such privileges
> to KMail also, but there was no visible option to add another application
> to the list of preferred users in Wallet.

I agree 100 percent but alas the inability to allow unattended downloading of
e-mails makes it unusable for me.  That and the fact I had several
unexplained crashes of K-mail which went completely away once I disabled
K-wallet.  See, for me, there is little point in having the mailer
periodically check for new messages if I have to be at the computer to give a
password anyway!  My computer is supposed to make things easier and save ME
time with my chores in the process, not become an added chore!  The main
point with Linux in the first place was the ability to configure the OS in
the manner it worked best for you, ...not forced to use it in the way
dictated by companies looking only to squeeze more money out of me like
MickySoft is guilty of.  I, in fact, tend to rebel against arrogance!  Its my
money and I demand the right to spend what of it the government doesn't take
away from me in the manner I desire.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><
http://the-inner-circle.org