[kdepim-users] Unable to mark message

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 5 18:00:53 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 13:41:29 Arnaud Mombrial wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is my first post on this mailing-list.
>
> Here's my problem (simple but really frustrating) :
>
> I'm just unable to mark single message with the Action or Important item.
>
> This is reproductible within all my mail account (IMAP or POP3).
>
> Threads are not affected by this problem, so I can mark a message with the
> mark "thread as..." option.
>
> I've searched through KDE PIM MARC and something seems to be relevant to my
> problem here :
>
> http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=119823356108442&w=2
>
> On this post it's said that
>
> "I thought about this as well, but according to my tests (on IMAP, not sure
> how to trigger readonly local folders) you get a different behaviour in
> this case:  the unread/new/read status is unaffected, all other status
> actions are disabled, for single messages as well as for threads unless
> the "AllowLocalFlags" option is activated (it isn't by default in
> enterprise). "
>
> Does someone knows if it's possible to configure this option, and where ?

Unless you have somehow set a read-only flag I doubt if that thread applies to
your problem.

Out of the box, on every installation I've used over 6 years or so, this has
worked correctly, so the only way to tackle this is to give us some details.
What distro and version are you using?  What version of kmail?  Do you set up
the imap server yourself?

You may have to give us details of your server setup as well.  The more info
you can give, the better your chances of sorting out the problem.

Anne