[kdepim-users] viewing html messages

Jurian Sluiman subscribe at juriansluiman.nl
Fri Dec 19 09:25:35 GMT 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008 23:12:03 Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2008, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > On Thu December 18 2008, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > > Simply forward HTML messages as attachment. In fact, forwarding as
> > > attachment is the default forwarding method used when I click on
> > > the forward icon in the toolbar. This is with KMail 1.9.10.
> > >
> > > Forwarding messages inline really only works for plain text
> > > messages.
> >
> > but my ISP blocks .eml attachments... so I ***HAVE*** to forward
> > inline...
>
> One option would be to get an email account with some provider that
> doesn't impose those restrictions on you.
>

> Regards,
> Ingo

Hi all,
I would mark this as a bug.
There are two methods of forwarding: inline and attached. There are two
methods of composing emails: plain text and html. Kmail can forward plain text
messages inline as well as attached. The html message can only be forwarded as
attachment. Strange?
The option to get another ISP is not a real solution, but actually more
avoiding a problem in a non-constructive way. Is there a reason for this
behaviour? Because "normally" it should not be a problem to forward html
messages inline.

Greetings,
Jurian