[kdepim-users] Organiser on the Eee

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 27 18:59:37 BST 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 15:29:48 keith Cowling wrote:
Hi, Keith.

> I recently bought an ASUS Eee, which comes loaded with the KDE PIM
> suite.  I'm a heavy 'to do' list user so was pleased to find the
> Organiser software on which I expected to write lists to heart's
> content.  Unfortunately, whenever I fill in a 'New to do' screen and
> click 'OK', I get a dialogue that says "There is no resource
> available".  Anyone know what this means and what to do about it.

Underneath the calendar display there should be a panel in which details of
any selected event shows.  Then, below that there should be a panel in which
there is 'Default KOrganizer resource'.  Make sure that that is checked.

Also, in File Manager, use View > Show Hidden Files then click on the
following:

.kde > share> apps> korganizer and you should see a file called std.ics.  If
so, this is going to be used as your organizer file.  If for any reason it's
missing contact me off-line and I'll send you a replacement (I saved a blank
copy before I started using my imported organizer.)

> When trying to set up my e-mail account in KMail, I filled in new
> account details under the 'Configure KMail' heading in the 'Settings"
> menu.   Unfortunately there does not seem to be any kind of "OK" or
> "Save" button to load the account settings into the program.  The only
> option for getting out seems to be to close the window, but this looses
> all the data.   I assume there is another button at the bottom of the
> form but there doesn't seem to be a way to scroll down to it on the
> Eee.  Anyone found a way to solve this?

You'll find yourself doing this a lot.  In many screens you just need to get
below what you can see.  The key is to hold down Alt while dragging the
screen with the mouse.

Are you new to linux or just new to the EeePC?

Anne