[kdepim-users] maildir mails gone from the last 2 weeks

martin pimlist at soylent.eu
Fri Aug 22 13:43:33 BST 2008

On Friday 22 August 2008 10:20:10 Anne Wilson wrote:

hi anne,
first thank you for you great user support in the mailinglists :).

> Martin, if you look in ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail (and sub-directories,
> depending on your distro) can see see the messages there?
no, i know the exact text of several new mails who are gone. i grepped .kde
for the text, but nothing. the files have vanished. i also opened every
maildir file in a folder where mails are missing, but i found no new mails.

> Whatever happens about this, you need to work out what happened with that
> crash.  It is certainly not normal for the kernel to crash.
the nvidia binary driver... but i already have an ati card. in the meantime i
can deal with the lost mail situation, but it would be great to know how that
could happen, perhaps i can catch tcmguire on irc(and if he has time). i had
multiple kde apps open at the time of the crash. but only the mails are gone
and my kmail config, so i dont really know if its kmails fault or xfs, or if
there could be a fix so that kind of problem doesnt happen other users.
thanks, martin