[kdepim-users] Kontact/Kmail slow with large dimap account

Gandalf gandalflechner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 12:47:47 BST 2008

Am Donnerstag, 24. April 2008 13:30:05 schrieb Anne Wilson:

> > Has someone else experienced such a sluggish behaviour of kmail with
> > large dimap accounts? What solutions are people on this list using?
>
> I don't use dimap, but regular imap on my system is not slow.  One thing
> that might be relevant is the format of your mailboxes.  maildir is very
> much faster than mbox.

Thanks for the hint, Anne. My mailboxes are in maildir format, though.
	If I check only for updates in the inbox folder, it is fast. Can I tell kmail
to check only the inbox for the regular mail checks, and check all folders
only when requiring so manually? Then it would be sufficient for me to check
all folders when I start and stop using each computer to synchronize with the
imap server.

Best,
Gandalf