[kdepim-usability] Multiple alarms in korganizer

Ellen Reitmayr ellen.reitmayr at relevantive.de
Tue Sep 21 10:39:30 CEST 2004

Good morning 8-)

> Hmm, you mean like in the email composer when you click the "..." button next
> to the To: field? I wouldn't like this, for several reasons:
> 1) It only allows you to select people from your addressbook. Attendees are
> not necessarily in your addressbook
> 2) Each attendee has additional settings (role of attendee, status, whether to
> request the meeting at all), unlike kmail, where you only need the email (and
> possibly the name).
> 3) The "Select Addressee..." button already brings up the same dialog as the
> email composer does, so the functionality for that is already there.
>
> Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding what you have in mind...

Cornelius, Tobias, Jan and I talked about it on Friday -> Cornelius
didn't like the current Address Selection dialog for several reasons
(mostly because contacts disappear from the address book as soon as you
add them to a recipient list, but at the same time there is no matching
with manual additions/deletions in the recipient field of the composer).
We thought of different ways to solve that, keeping in mind that the
solution also has to fit the requirements of the attendees dialog (no
to/cc/bcc, manual additions as in the composer, and some additional
space for role, status, response). both participants in the usability
test had problems with the current attendees dialog, as the workflow is
somewhat difficult...

I still have a rough idea of what we discussed - I'll create a ui file
or a screenshot during the next two days.

Another point (concerning the reminder tab):
Will the email notification be implemented until you release the new
dialog? If not, you should remove the (disabled) 'Send Email' option ->
a disabled option implies that the user can change something about the
current state. If an option is generally not available, it is better to
remove it completely.

Have a nice day
/ellen

Ellen Reitmayr          email: reitmayr at relevantive.de
Usability Engineer      mobil: +49.177.3325867
relevantive AG          fon:   +49.30.23455630
Zehdenicker Str. 21     fax:   +49.30.23455639
10119 Berlin            web:   www.relevantive.de