[kdepim-usability] Multiple alarms in korganizer

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Mon Sep 20 22:22:03 CEST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 18:25, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Furthermore, how about reordering the tabs so their new order would be:
> > General
> > Reminders
> > Recurrence
> > Attendees
> > Free/Busy
> > Attachments
>
> I agree - the groupware functions should be grouped, and the attachment
> area should be moved to the end position as argued by Reinhold.

Okay, then I'll change this as soon as I have finished my other korganier
stuff.

> Still, I think there are some points that can be improved about the
> Recurrence and the Attendees tab. The attendee selection should be
> organised in a similar way as the recipient selection in KMail

Hmm, you mean like in the email composer when you click the "..." button next
to the To: field? I wouldn't like this, for several reasons:
1) It only allows you to select people from your addressbook. Attendees are
not necessarily in your addressbook
2) Each attendee has additional settings (role of attendee, status, whether to
request the meeting at all), unlike kmail, where you only need the email (and
possibly the name).
3) The "Select Addressee..." button already brings up the same dialog as the
email composer does, so the functionality for that is already there.

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding what you have in mind...

> - have
> you already come to an agreement on how to change that function? (we
> talked about it at aKademy, but did not really agree on a solution, did
> we?)

I must have missed that discussion somehow. What did you discuss exactly?

Cheers,
Reinhold