[kdepim-usability] Multiple alarms in korganizer

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Mon Sep 20 00:04:54 CEST 2004

Hi all,
I'm currently planning how to implement multiple alarms in korganizer. My idea
is to use an additional tab in the event editor (like evolution does). A
designer .ui file is attached with my current suggestion. Open it in designer
and use the "Preview form" menu item to really check it out (the widget stack
in the lower right part depends on which radio button is marked on the left),
or use the kuiviewer.

Any comments usability-wise?

Are the ordering of the combo boxes in the Time group a problem for
translation? If so, do you have any better suggestion that is both
translatable, as well as easy to use?

I know we already have a lot of tabs in the event editor, but alarms are
simply too important to bury them somewhere in a dialog, that is shown only
after another click on some obscure button...
Furthermore, how about reordering the tabs so their new order would be:
General
Reminders
Recurrence
Attendees
Free/Busy
Attachments

Rationale behind this:
General is of course the most used tab, then probably reminders. Recurrence is
the third tab without groupware functionality, the next are about groupware.
Attendees and Free/Busy certainly belong together, they have similar
functionality, so I see no reason why two other tabs should be between them.

And finally, Attachments is for "further links" and other URLs that are
attached to the event. So, first come the real settings in the first few
tabs, and the last tab has space for additional data that is associated with
the incidence.

Cheers,
Reinhold
Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna, Austria