[kdepim-usability] Multiple alarms in korganizer

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Sep 20 00:23:24 CEST 2004

On Monday 20 September 2004 00:04, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm currently planning how to implement multiple alarms in
> korganizer. My idea is to use an additional tab in the event editor
> (like evolution does). A designer .ui file is attached with my
> current suggestion. Open it in designer and use the "Preview form"
> menu item to really check it out (the widget stack in the lower right
> part depends on which radio button is marked on the left), or use the
> kuiviewer.
>
> Any comments usability-wise?

What if I want to play a sound and display a reminder? Do I have to
duplicate the reminder once with type Display and once with type Sound?
If yes, then there should be a "Copy" button, so that one only has to
specify all the time settings once.

> Are the ordering of the combo boxes in the Time group a problem for
> translation?

Yes.

> If so, do you have any better suggestion that is both
> translatable, as well as easy to use?

At least the last two comboboxes (before/after and start/end) can easily
be consolidated into one combobox with 4 entries.

Proposal for the Repeats stuff:
[ ] Repeats
Interval: [every 1 minute(s)]
How often: [1 time(s)]