Hi, I'm the App Stores Support Engineer guy

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Sep 7 09:52:58 BST 2022

Hi kdenlive people,

as you may have read on the community mailing list [1], I'm taking on the role
of App Stores Support Engineer for KDE.

Aleix Pol wrote:
"Ingo will be working with the different teams in KDE towards our
infrastructure getting prepared to have their software delivered to
the platforms they are targetting. With this, we hope to improve the
reach of our products to end users and hopefully enable them also to
make a living with their KDE products."

You do already provide kdenlive installers for Linux, macOS, and Windows.
That's great! The next step would probably be publishing kdenlive in the
Windows Store and maybe the Steam Store, the Epic Store, the Apple Store, ...

Here are a few questions I'm interested in:

a) Where can I find more information about your building (and publishing)
process? Who should I talk to in your team?

b) Are there things you wish the KDE infrastructure would better support with
regard to building for different platforms and publishing in different app
stores?

c) Are there things in the KDE Frameworks that should be improved to ease
building for different platforms, e.g. do you patch some KDE Frameworks when
you create builds for Windows or macOS?

d) Do you want to target more platforms and/or app stores? If yes, which and
in which order?

e) Are there tasks/issues on some task board or issue tracker that I should
look at?

f) Is this mailing list the right place to talk about this?

Regards,
Ingo

[1] https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-community/2022q3/007274.html