Question about workflow

François Téchené ftechene at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 16 14:33:57 GMT 2021

Hi Loïc,

I think that the "save timeline zone to bin" feature just saves a cut
from a clip to the bin. It doesn't nest a portion of the timeline.

My personal workflow with Kdenlive is to do all my edit with the audio
from the camera. Once I am happy with my edit, I create a new project to
sync the high quality audio to every single shot that I used on my edit
and I render a new footage file for each of them. Finally, I replace the
footage clips in my edit (right click on the footage clip and choose
"Replace clip").

While I think that this workflow works well, it is not ideal because
re-rendering high quality footage for each clip may consume a lot of
hard drive space.

Another solution would be to make each audio synced clip as a new
Kdenlive project and import each project to the main project bin. That
is the only way I found for nesting timelines. However, in my
experience, nesting Kdenlive files is pretty slow and not always reliable.

The best solution would be to be able to sync up the audio with each
clip at the Project Bin level. I don't know if this kind of feature is
planned for a future version of Kdenlive but that would be awesome!

Cheers,

François