subtitles: don't hardcode into video / remove alltogether?

Patrick Totzke patricktotzke at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 16:33:31 GMT 2020

Hi!
Thanks for kdenlive, it's a great asset for preparing educational videos!

I just tried the new subtitles editor and have questions:

1. is there online documentation that I've overlooked?

2. once I've added/imported subtitles, can I remove them again all at once, without selecting and deleting all boxes individually?

3. How do I prevent subtitles from being hard-coded into the video? I would like to edit them and have a separate srt file.
I know that I can export and thus create this file, but I wasn't able to tell kdenlive not to hardcode captions. Did I overlook something?

Cheers!