Merging of our refactoring code

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Fri Mar 8 15:51:07 GMT 2019

Hi all,

No news for a long time since we were very busy working on our big rewrite.
After many delays, we finally think it's time to merge!

This means that in the next days, all these major changes will land in
Kdenlive's git master, and is scheduled for the KDE Applications 19.04
release.

Since we now rely on qml for the timeline, a few extra dependencies have
been added, and QtMultimedia will also probably be added as a requirement
to enable audio recording.

For packagers or those compiling themselves, our development info page
should give you all informations to successfully build the new version:

https://community.kde.org/Kdenlive/Development#Installing_dependencies

We hope everything goes smoothly and will be having a sprint near Lyon in
France next week to fix the remaining issues.

We all hope you will enjoy this new version, more details will appear in
the next weeks.

Regards
Jean-Baptiste Mardelle