System requirements

Doran Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Thu Mar 7 05:19:02 GMT 2019

On Wednesday, March 6, 2019 11:50:54 AM MST CCE wrote:
> Hi,I am just in the process of choosing a new bare-bones PC to replace my 9
> year old system. Does Kdenlive have any up to date published system
> requirements? I know some NLEs recommend particular GPUs like Quadro or
> require technologies like Open GL. Does Kdenlive recommend or require
> anything like this? Are there any technologies that have known problems
> with Kdenlive (on Linux, Ubuntu Studio) thatxI shoukd avoid? I quite like
> the look and price of AMD  Ryzen 7 1700. How does this perform with
> Kdenlive?Any guidance appreciated.ThanksChris

I have a Ryzen 1700X with 32GB RAM and a GeForce GTX 1050 running Fedora.
Kdenlive does great.

The Ryzen 2700 is a great CPU and offers a nice performance boost over the
1700. If you can wait until July, the third generation (3700?) will be
available.

--
Doran L. Barton <fozz at iodynamics.com> - Linux, Perl, Video, good fun, and
more!