System requirements

Kolloom D kolloom at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 8 02:08:58 GMT 2019

My setup: 1700x ryzen, msi x470 gaming plus, rx470 reference

Kdenlive does not have an official system requirement.

I have worked with some 1080p footages, the rendering did not saturate
my 1700x, only hovering around 25% - 50%. Could be higher for 4k. You
should at least have 16GB of ram(i have only 8gb, had to close kdenlive
before rendering) .

I saw a post on the forum (quite dated), there seems to be some bugs
around gpu rendering, in conjunction with multithreading, causes render
to stuck at 99%. I would agree with Jacob on gpu rendering in general.
However, software render produces higher quality render than fixed
function hardware so you might as well use the cpu if time permits.

The backend of kdenlive, mlt does not have dedicated developers at the
time being. Everything is supported by the team who uses mlt (kdenlive
included), so I wouldn't count on gpu rendering for the foreseeable future.

The same thing should apply to other NLE that uses MLT as well ( such as
flowblade )

-Thompson