Latest kdenlive

Vincent Pinon vpinon at kde.org
Thu Dec 5 13:40:52 GMT 2019

Hello,

We have a PPA to allow upgrading Kdenlive on Ubuntu easily...
However, we couldn't support LTS anymore after the refactoring: the new QML UI requires Qt >= 5.11, while bionic is at Qt 5.9. Next LTS will be 20.04, only few months to wait ;)
In that case, we recommend to use the AppImage you can download on our website, it contains all required libraries without affecting your system, and it is very well tested (the reference we recommend to every user wanting to follow our updates).
Cheers and happy editing!

Vincent