Crash report with AppImage

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Mon May 28 17:28:32 UTC 2018

Hi Cornelius

> Hello,
>
> First of all, I LOVE your work, thank you!
>
> Kdenlive crashed reproducibly in version 18.04.1 using the AppImage on
> Ubuntu 16.04 when trying to playback a video with the rotoscoping effect.
> So I went to the website and read how to do a bug report (
> https://kdenlive.org/en/bug-reports/), installed the packages and because
> I could not use the repo version of Ubuntu I started it with "gdb
> Kdenlive.AppImage run" (Kdenlive is in ~/bin), gdb told me that it found
> nothing, therefore Kdenlive did not start. Is there a way to report a bug
> with backtrace using the AppImage or should I just go ahead and compile it
> myself?

You can try running it from the terminal and see if it gives a message when
it crashes.

Also I just did a test and didn't get a crash on archlinux with the
appimage. Can you explain step by step what you are doing when you get the
crash to try to reproduce it?

> greetings,

cheers

Cornelius

--
1111.1010.r.i.1101|n.o.i.s.1110|i.m.1010.g.1110|مقاومة
fsf member #5439