Interested dev / How to participate

jb at kdenlive.org jb at kdenlive.org
Fri Jun 8 16:59:01 UTC 2018

On June 7, 2018 10:54:50 PM EDT, Willian Pessoa <wpessoa at outlook.com> wrote:
>Hello everyone!
>
>I am Willian Pessoa, 25 years old, Brazilian and Computer Science
>student.

Hello Willian and welcome!

>I always wanted to contribute to KDE, but never found what or where to
>contribute. I have been using kdenlive a lot this year - but nothing
>very complex.
>
>In this week, I saw an opportunity to start contributing to KDE when
>Farid calls people who want to contribute to the Kdenlive project in
>KDE Brazilian group.

New contributors are very welcome and we will happily guide you. Is there a specific part of Kdenlive that you are interested to work on?

As a start I would recommand working on a small bug or feature that does not require deep knowledge of Kdenlive's code. I am currently on vacation until the 16th of june so cannot help much until I come back. One thing that comes to my mind is for example the Project settings dialog that has a tab listing the used files in the project. This has to be rewritten to work with the new model/view structure of the project bon. Also linked to this the  Archive feature that needs a rewrite.

But maybe there are smaller tasks to begin. If noone steps up, I can provide more details after the 16th.

Anyways welcome and hope to exchange more in the next weeks.
Jean-Baptiste