Interested dev / How to participate

Willian Pessoa wpessoa at outlook.com
Fri Jun 8 02:54:50 UTC 2018

Hello everyone!

I am Willian Pessoa, 25 years old, Brazilian and Computer Science student.

I always wanted to contribute to KDE, but never found what or where to contribute. I have been using kdenlive a lot this year - but nothing very complex.

In this week, I saw an opportunity to start contributing to KDE when Farid calls people who want to contribute to the Kdenlive project in KDE Brazilian group.

Farid helped me to prepare a development environment for Kdenlive and write this presentation - because my english skills are not so good.

About my programming skills, I started programming with C++ three years ago. I never saw programming or computer science topics before it. Since then, I entered  university and started a job in development and support (more support than programming) in an tech company. I learned a little about Qt and worked with it in mini-projects at the company. I learned Python and Java too while doing college assignments.

Currently, and always, my main interest in programming is to improve my skills in C++ and learn much more about Qt. I would like to do this helping Kdenlive project.

So, I would like to know how I could to start my contributions to the project. Who could help me with that?