KDenLive free(): invalid pointer error at startup

Dale Powell dj_kaza at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 16:29:01 BST 2018

Hello all.

I reported almost a week ago that KDenLive has stopped working on my Ubuntu Studio 18.04 laptop on the forums to an astounding silence. This is a rather serious issue meaning the program can not even be started!! Can somebody please assist me on getting this fixed before I just give up with this software entirely despite it seeming to be the best video editor on Linux?

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=153147
KDenLive wont start - free(): invalid pointer • KDE Community Forums <https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=265&t=153147>
using ubuntu this was working fine a few weeks ago last time i booted was only to check and try and help another member on the ubuntu forums and it
forum.kde.org

Regards Dale.