KDenLive free(): invalid pointer error at startup

farid abdelnour snd.noise at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 16:48:34 BST 2018

Hi Dale

> Hello all.
>
> I reported almost a week ago that KDenLive has stopped working on my
> Ubuntu Studio 18.04 laptop on the forums to an astounding silence. This is
> a rather serious issue meaning the program can not even be started!! Can
> somebody please assist me on getting this fixed before I just give up with
> this software entirely despite it seeming to be the best video editor on
> Linux?

Sorry for the delay, currently all our efforts are on the refactoring
branch. You must state the version of Kdenlive and MLT so we can try to
debug better. A wild guess though, I'd say you are using a PPA or a version
from the repos, eitherway those are rather obsolete AFAIK. Have you tried
using the AppImage and see if that works? You can get it from here:
https://kdenlive.org/en/download/

Cheers

--
1111.1010.r.i.1101|n.o.i.s.1110|i.m.1010.g.1110|مقاومة
fsf member #5439