Pabricator, Cafe and random ideas

alcinos french.ebook.lover at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 13:31:59 UTC 2017

Hi !

> I was preparing an email to discuss a effects/keyframing/tracks
> workflow, then realized I hadnt try the new refactoring branch yet,
> and gave it a try to build on whatever is already being worked at
>
> I just compiled a timeline_refactoring and noticed a few bugs/big
> things missing, like copy/paste clips. Im trying to figure out
> phabricator. Should I create a task per bug under 17.12 bugs task? Are
> this kind of things just known? (I mean, no copy/paste)

This is known, but it is nice to have a tracking of the things that remains
to be reimplemented.
For this, one task for each feature might be too much, you can create a
task "Missing Features" under the appropriate category (bin, timeline, ...)

> What kind of things are going to be discussed at the cafe? what should
> I prepare? I had a few things to do today, but making kdenlive better
> seems an interesting thing to spend the day :)

We'll discuss various thing, but the refactoring is probably going to be
one topic.
Feel free to attend if you have ideas to share :)

Thanks for reading!

> PS: One question, I dont intend to open my current projects, but
> should I had saved settings/caches/etc.. before opening a new project
> with timeline_refactoring branch?

Considered that it is still experimental, you'd better backup everything if
you don't want it to be lost :) Plus if you save in the new version, it
will not open in the previous one.
AFAIR, caches should be fine, but settings could be messed up a bit (we
made some changes there)