Multicam Sync and general worlflow limitations

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Tue Jan 31 12:32:19 UTC 2017

Le 31/01/2017 à 13:02, DogFilm a écrit :
> That is interesting, jdd! Would you like to explain your workflow

it's pretty easy.

I use two video camcorder, so two video/sound tracks. Usually the one
that have the better audio is the central one, but there the video is
boring, so my second cam where I do closeups. I film band's shows

on kdenlive, load the two tracks, push them to the timeline.

make them approximately in sync - specially because music is repetitive.

separate audio and video, then degroup video and audio. I don't know and
don't like it because it's then easy to move the video track out of sync
by mistake. Don't !

right clic on an audio track and choose "sync master". select all the
tracks (video and audio as well), right clic and "audio sync"

wait till end

test. Do not always works. If not resync by hand a bit and do again.

You get very good lip sync

http://val-en.dodin.org/uploads/Main/20160910-col-aucamville-02-jungle-v.mp4

my daugther :-) enjoy

jdd
NB: sometime an out of sync can come from the reader or the network