Multicam Sync and general worlflow limitations

DogFilm videobrain at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:02:02 UTC 2017

That is interesting, jdd! Would you like to explain your workflow - I could
not find anything that helps me with multicam editing so I was falling back
to putting material on one timeline (as there is the concept of only one
fixed timeline in kdenlive as I understand) and adjusting videos manually -
what of course is not a real "workflow" but a "timethief".

If you look at how multicam editing is handled by other tools you will see
that there is much room for improvement  - that is why I sent the link to
the LWKS video, which shows very nicely how a computer can do all the hard
and tedious work and leave a lot of time to the editor for the actual
creative part.

This was btw in no way meant as a bashing of Kdenlive - I like the software
very much and it looks really promising, that is why I am taking the time
and writing here. As there seems to be some development going on right now
I am just trying to get the developers inspired by interesting concepts.

Thanks for your attention,
have a nice day,
John