Initial Configuration file

Jean-Baptiste Mardelle jb at kdenlive.org
Thu Jan 5 19:55:20 UTC 2017

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:05:42 PM CET, lissa shoes wrote:
> I messed up my kdenlive pgm. I tried to remove kdenlive from my
> Linux Mint 18 OS, using sudo apt-get purge kdenlive and then
> manually deleting all references to "kdenlive" in the file
> system. Now the "main" tool bar is not shown when launching and
> I can not get it back. So, I thought I'd like to reinstall.
> However doing that does not work since the initial configuration
> dialog does not show up. So, what file to delete in order to get
> kdenlive to think it's back or the 'initial configuration"? Or
> some other solution? BTH, my "home" file system tree is in a
> separate partition and contains files from 3 different OS's, but
> only my LM18 OS contains kdenlive.

Hello Lissa,

You don't mention the Kdenlive version, I assume it's 16.xx.
There are 2 main configuration files for Kdenlive:

* The main config file: $HOME/.config/kdenliverc
* The UI config file: $HOME/.local/share/kxmlgui5/kdenlive/kdenliveui.rc

Deleting these 2 files should bring you a clean kdenlive.

Best regards
jb