Ambiguity of "clip"

Evert Vorster evorster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 09:25:42 UTC 2017

Hi there, Camille.

What would you suggest these be called?

I suppose the term clip comes from the days where film was still on actual
film, and scenes were "clipped" from a roll.
In this sense, "clips" on the timeline would be the more correct term,
whereas "footage" is the more correct term for the items in the project
folder.

Just to make things more interesting, both terms can refer to exactly the
same thing...

Kind regards,
Evert

--